Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2017

225kg WW2 bomb located in Greece

I am learning to write about a huge WW2 bomb located in Greece!

In the Greek city of Thessaloniki, a huge bomb weighing in at 225 kg has been discovered during road works. Around 70,000 people have been evacuated so that the bomb can be defused, the bomb is one of the largest wartime bombs every found in Greece. The bomb is due to be disposed of over the weekend. Officials say that the bomb is too old to tell if it is an Allied bomb or German bomb. The military said an operation of this size is the first of it's kind in Greece, 1,000 police officers and 300 volunteers will be deployed of the disposal operation. They will try and defuse it's detonator before taking the the device to an army firing range, where a decision be made as to how to neutralize it. 


What are my thoughts on this article?

If I discovered a bomb that size I would be both amazed and terrified. Not only is it a bomb but you never know it could explode any minute. Lucky road workers have located the bomb because now it can be defused and people can still live in peace without knowing that a bomb is hiding near their home. For me I hope that the bomb is one of the German's because now we can learn what kind of weapons that used in order to create mass destruction against the Allies. But in the meantime I want to know what kind of bomb it is, how did it get there and why hasn't it exploded yet after 100 years? 

The people who are now trying to move the bomb are what I think , brave people because you never know the bomb might explode while their defusing it. Better hope they can defuse it and get home safely.

Here is my reflection about a huge bomb found in Greece, it's a very rare discovery but once of the first ever found in Greece. Something I enjoyed while reading this article was that road workers have found the bomb and have now been able to get some help in defusing it. A challenge I found while reading the article was that officials couldn't tell if it was a German or Allied bomb. 

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks and Much Love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment