Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Chiefs win Brisbane 10’s in the memory of Sione Lauaki

I am learning to reflect on the Waikato Chiefs winning the Brisbane 10's.

The Chiefs has worked hard and bet several teams in order for them to beat the Crusaders in the final of the Brisbane 10's. The Chiefs over powered the Crusaders across the park and won by a try and a conversion, meaning they won 12-5. The result fitted in perfectly as the Chiefs had played the tournament in memory of former All Black and Cheif player Sione Lauaki had passed away during the weekend.  

The Chiefs ran in two tries, including a brilliant solo try from Shaun Stevenson who scored in the semi-finals against the Bulls, qualifying them for the finals against the Chiefs.
The teams are now getting ready for for the opening round of the Super Rugby competition which starts soon on the 23rd of February.


So what do I think about this article?

Well for me I didn't expect the Chiefs to win, I thought it would be the Wellington Hurricanes but I thought wrong. I think this because they won the Super Rugby competition last year,  but I think that the Chiefs deserved this win because I loved the way they played in memory of Sione Lauaki who had passed away during the weekends.  I think that they showed a lot of respect to someone who has passed onto the afterlife.

I am looking forward to the Super Rugby competition this year because I want to see if the Hurricanes step up their game and win this year's competition. 

 Something I enjoyed during this task was reading that the Chiefs played in memory of a player who had passed, and something I found challenging during this time was that I didn't hear the Hurricanes win.

Thanks for having the time to read my reflection,
Many thanks!



0 comments:

Post a Comment