Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Duffy Kid's Assembly Reflection

I am learning to reflect on the Duffy Kidd assembly we had today.

Today after lunch, the whole school was in for a surprise... A DUFFY KIDD ASSEMBLY!
It has been a long time since we had our last Duffy assembly, when Duffy visitors come to our school we always start of by singing the Duffy Kid Song. I've known this song since I was at the age of 5 and even today, I still remember the lyrics. I think I remember the lyrics because I like to read because it really get's me thinking and helps me think 'outside of the box' 
Image result for duffy books
When we arrived to the school hall, I saw 2 people singing a song, a male and female. They were both singing 'Cool Down' by Kolohe Kai. The male was very talented in singing and I could still hear him over all the noise that the other classrooms were making. When every class was inside the hall we started straight away. The Duffy Assembly today was based on Global Warming, and how a superhero named Global Girl couldn't read and she asked for help from Duffy, then she accidentally made disasters occur all over the world, she couldn't read maps well she could but she had to study extra hard. 

Global Girl didn't believe in herself at first, but Duffy persuaded her to never give up. And then her boss arrived, the boss was very disappointed in Global Girl for causing all the disasters on planet Earth she was almost sent home with the boss but Duffy told the boss of Global Girl to give her another chance to fix everything. The boss agreed with Duffy and soon GG and Duffy got to work on solving the problems. Duffy taught GG how to spell and write, and soon she fixed all her problems and Earth was no longer in danger of mass destruction.

Finally we sang the Duffy song one last time before the show ended.

For me I thought that Duffy showed 2 of our school values; Manaakitanga and Whanaungatanga. Duffy is a kind hearted man who is keen to help whenever, and wherever.  I think that little kids should always be keen to watch more Duffy assembles as it can help develop life skills. It's going to be one of the last time's I get to witness a show here at Tamaki Primary because I will be departing to college next year. So I'm taking all that I have learnt from Duffy and apply it to my daily life.


Here is my Duffy Assembly reflection.
Yesterday we had the privilege of being an audience for the Duffy Kid Assembly. 
I've been witnessing Duffy shows for about 7 years and in that time I have learnt a lot!
It's going to be sad when I leave this year but I'm taking all that I've learnt.
I enjoyed watching the Duffy Kid show because he showed 2 o our school values and I thought that was smart. 

Please leave a comment 
Many thanks.




0 comments:

Post a Comment