Pages

Monday 13 February 2017

Weekend Reflection!

I am learning to reflect on what I did during the weekends.

This weekend was just the same as any other weekend, me and my brother going over to grandad's house.

FRIDAY!

After school on Friday I walked home, it was hot and humid and my energy was drained quickly from the heat rays from the sun. "Why now?, why is it hot now?" I asked the question in my head, I don't like walking when the sun is out with nothing to cover it, but I wanted to get home ASAP so I begged my legs to keep going as I was almost home. I get home in like 45 minutes but when the sun is out I take an 1 hour to get home because my energy is drained out quickly, it felt like someone was draining my energy out of my like I was a cloth.
Image result for SUN
"Almost home, Finally" I thought to myself, just the thought of being in the sun longer made me eager to get home and have a nice cool shower. I turned the doorknob of my front door and walked up the stairs dropping my bag on the way up. My brothers were listening to Music in the room while I just grabbed my towel and hooped straight into the shower, nothing holding me back.

I stayed in the shower for about 15 minutes when I decided to let another person have a shower, like my brother. But then I remembered that my brothers had practice for church, which meant they had to go to church and then come back to go. I didn't care too much, because we must always remember the lord and trust in him with all thy heart. I looked at the time 5:45pm, my brothers were already dressed and ready to go to church while I stayed home and did some chores.
Image result for LDS


Time went by fast and soon my brothers came back, he packed some clothes and there we were off on our way to grandad's. We got dropped off and when we got there it looked as if no one was there because most of the cars were gone, but I knew that someone was in the front house. I put my clothes in the room and went up to say "Hi" to my cousins and aunt.

Then I went to the back house to set up me and my brothers bed, it's not too much work but soon I was laying down watching replays of NBA games. The first match that was on was against the Cleveland Cavaliers and Oklahoma City Thunder, I was hoping that the Cavs would win it was a close game but in the end, OKC was too strong for CLE. I was sad with the loss of the Cavs but I still knew that their the defending champions of the NBA title. It was 10:30pm, it was getting late and I was starting to fall asleep.
Image result for cavs vs thunder


SATURDAY


I woke up the next morning, the T.V was off and my brother was still fast asleep so I turned on the T.V and watched Transformers on channel 33. The movie is about the heroic Autobots trying to destroy a cube that holds the power of transforming human technology into robots from the Decepticons. Soon Megatron and Optimus Prime go one on one , both are evenly matched but then Sam (Who is the owner of Bumblebee) slides in between the match and put's the cube near the heart of Megatron, with the power of the cube being so impressive Megatron wasn't strong enough to hold that power and he soon died.

Image result for transformers

I didn't know how long I was watching T.V for but then my cousins came rushing down telling me and my brother to get dressed for the pools. I was excited because it was hot, and at times boring. We left home at 12:00pm and arrived back at home at 5:00pm, whenever we come home from the pools I only think of sleep and getting enough rest for church the next day. I went to sleep as soon as we arrived at home, my brain was too tired to think or do anything.

Sunday

I woke up early Sunday morning, it was about 6:45am so I turned the T.V on again. Our church started at 1:00pm and that meant that it was a long way until church started. But soon we said our goodbyes and then my aunt dropped us off home. We got home at 11:00pm, I ironed my church clothes and put them on, to me I looked like one of those models... Just Kidding... But I did look flash. Soon my papa said it was time to go and we were at church in no time, as a 12 year old boy I am now a member of the Youth, meaning I serve sacrament to the church. When I first joined Youth, I was lucky to have already learnt how to serve because I watch and memorise those who were already in it.

We spend 1 hour in the Sacrament Meeting and then depart off to our Sunday school classes. In church we learnt about God and the God Heads. The God Heads are, The Holy Spirit, Jesus and Heavenly Father. We spend 1 hour in class and then split into another different class. The young men and young woman are separated so one of the priests, decided we would take our chair and sit outside because it was hot. Outside our Bishop and leaders joined us and we talked about the sacred duties that young men hold. We didn't take too long outside because it was almost time to go home. As a young man, I hold the Aaronic Priesthood and I am the president of the Deacons (12 to 13 year olds) and I must clean the chapel and ensure everything is locked as it is one of my duties.

After everything was locked everyone went home, it was 4:00pm and you do get tired in the afternoons so I decided to take a nap, and I knew I would wake up the next morning for school.

Here is my reflection about my weekend.
My weekend was full of fun and laughter, I get to spend time with my family and create memories. Something I enjoyed during my weekend was being able to watch T.V for certain amounts of time without getting interrupted, a challenge I found during my weekend was going to sleep too early. But next week I hope I can be more active when I'm with my family members.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks.





1 comments:

Post a Comment