Pages

Monday 13 February 2017

Cybersmarts!

WALA: Things that we can keep personal and things we can share with the world.

Today we did Cybersmarts. Our teacher wrote the word "Cybersmarts" on the board and everyone participated in the group discussion by giving an answer. The whole board was filled with answers, and when we looked at it, it looked like a tornado had attacked the board. The board looked like a rainbow with all it's different colours. We then did an activity where we had to know the difference between things we post online and things we should keep private. Listed down below is the kind of things that I should keep private and share for the whole world to see. 

Last year Mrs Manuyag was our Cybersmarts teacher, she taught me a lot that is why I like to do Cybersmarts at times. For me if you go over one thing too many times it gets boring and I don't feel like doing the task. This task, I've already did it before, but instead of my calling out all the answers I decided to let those who didn't know do the work because if I keep telling them the answers, they won't have the chance to shine and give ideas on what they think Cybersmarts is. 

For me I think the top things you should keep private is your; Full name, Home Address, Email Address, Date of Birth, Home or Mobile phone number and your password. I think this because if you share these out to the world someone might come to your address unexpectedly, they might call your home number and spam you, and they might hack into your account sending rude messages to people, and then people might accuse you of something you didn't commit.


Something that I enjoyed during this part of the day was being able to see the other kind of ideas coming from different students in the room, sometimes I like to do messy work just for fun and today the board was filled with great answers. 
A challenge that I found during this task was coming up with more ideas for things that you should keep private. My next steps in learning is to think more critically and sometimes think outside of the 'box'.

Thanks for having the time to read my Cybersmart reflection.
Please leave a comment!
Many thanks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment