Pages

Friday 10 February 2017

Different Music Session

I am learning to write about our different Music session.

Today for Music it was completely different, and by different I mean way different. Well first off all we missed out 10 minutes of Music time because we were running in the hall ways and my teacher is strict about that because we might accidentally hit someone and injure them. So she caught us panting heavily and she told us not to run again and in the end she ended up walking us down to Music.

 Instead of going down to Music as a class we went in different groups depending on what we chose to do for Music. There were 5 groups and I chose to do 'Digital'. Caleb, our music teacher told my whole class that the category Digital is doing simple DJ and matching beating. I was interested in this and I soon signed up for it. Today was our first practise and we talked about how Music was shared, way back in 10,000 BC (According to Caleb) Music was shared in a different way. 

"You guy's picked the hardest group, if it's hard it's going to be more fun" said Caleb. I didn't have second thought because I had already committed to staying in this group. 
Caleb also talked about how Thomas Edison created a disk that could hold songs. I was fascinated by this fact because I thought Thomas Edison was only the inventor of the light bulb, but I guess I was wrong. We talked about different websites that could be used to create Music, I was familiar with some of them like Garage Band and Sound Trap. I didn't know what we were going to do until Caleb told us to open our netbooks and log onto Sound Trap. I already had an account of course, and soon he told us how to match beat in a loop. 

Everyone didn't know what he was talking about at first, but when he showed us I jumped straight into it! There were different beats and I didn't know which one to pick, but as I scanned through the available options Caleb said we almost had a few minutes left. I was eager to find a beat so I just skimmed and scanned until I found the perfect beat. As I went to click it time was up, I knew I didn't click it but I didn't mind because I could still work on it when I got back up to class.

For Music next week I hope that I can follow the rules and be able to walk down to Music myself without anyone telling me off. 

IALT: Write a reflection about my Music experience.


'Today for Music it was completely different, and by different I mean way different'

Something I enjoyed about Music this week was being able to learn about how Music was shared around the world back in the olden days. Something I found challenging was being able to manage myself while coming back upto class. I hope next week I don't get called back and get taken down to Music by our teacher.

Thanks for having the time to read my reflection!
Please leave a comment!
Many thanks! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment