Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Kiwi Can Reflection

Today I am learning to write about my Kiwi Can experience.

Yesterday we had Kiwi Can. It was different because we had a new presenter and her name was Lily, she was taking over the position that Ms Latoya had at our school as she moved up to teach at a high school. Something that I found about her is that she is a Samoan, I find this interesting because I am both Samoan and Tongan. Mr M told us what we were going to do and we got straight into the process.

Image result for Kiwi Can Latoia

Just the same as last week we were put into 4 different group, Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 and Group 4. Our energiser for that day was between the Boys and Girls splitting into two different circles, 2 hula hoops were placed next to each other and we had to walk around in the circle while music was playing, and the last person with their leg in the hula hoop had to compliment each other.  We went for about 4-5 rounds and in the 2nd round I was the person with my leg last in the hoop, the girl I had to compliment was Alone, she isn't a very confident person and it took a while for her to compliment me back. 
Image result for compliments


I didn't want to go in too detailed so I just said "I like your shoes" and as I waited most of the boys started laughing, I didn't care because one of them was going to get picked in the next round. As the music played again I was estimating who was going to be chosen next, luckily it was the person in front of me and that was Siale. I laughed at him, but quickly got over it and waited to hear what he was going to compliment the girl aside him.

Once his turn had finished, we went for one last round and then we stopped. At first I was completely lost with what the game was about. But when I contributed in it I enjoyed it and wanted to keep playing. I heard different compliments like;


  • I like your hair
  • I like your shoes
  • I like how you always there for me
  • You're a confident person.
For me I thought that I could have thought more deeply and not complemented people on their appearance but what's in the inside. The activity was called the "Complement Circle"

Then after all the fun and play time it was now time to get into the thinking, the question was about asking questions and why it is important when you're in a team.

I answered "Because you might not know what is going on and might just stay there with nothing to do and no deep understanding" I was proud of myself. But although I answered more people gave some outstanding answers... Now it was time for another activity.

Mr M told us what we were going to do, and to me I thought it was a great idea. 2 group got the same question but one was against and the other was for. I was in group 4 and the team we challenged was Group 3. Group 3 had a key player, but it didn't bother our team. The question we had was " Whether we should extend our lunch times to 2 hours or leave it at 40 minutes" we had some time to write down some answers, Mr M told us time was enough and we waited for our moments to shine. 


Image result for debat
First Group 1 and 2 went first, it was a very intense moment but Group 2 manages to pull out the victory. Finally it was our turn, I was one of the representatives for my team and I was comforted by Siale. Group 3 had Losana and Demetrius representing their team. They started off first, then we came back. It kept going for about 5 minutes until we had to say our best reason why. In the end Group 4 won and it was a good win for them.

Siale was angry, but I wasn't I was calm. So basically all we did was have a political debate on whether lunch times should be extended or stay at 40 minutes.

Time was finished and we had to go back to class. This week's Kiwi Can session was amazing and I loved the experience I had throughout my time. Next week I hope to learn more about Lily and what she has in common with Mr M. This week's session also tested to show how students in my class critically think and see how confident they are. 
Image result for debat


Here is my Kiwi Can reflection for this week! 
I enjoyed participating in the energiser because it was not only fun, but amazing!
Next week I hope we can play the same game again. A challenge I found was writing down some in depth reasons during the debate against the winners Group 4.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks :) 








0 comments:

Post a Comment