Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Importance of Internet

I am learning to write about why the Internet is important.

The world hasn't always been the way it is now, not always fast paced, and it wasn't so "fancy". It seems hard to believe even for me and I've been on the internet for over 7 years straight! Before email addresses belonged to an individual everyone had Facebook accounts and an Iphone in their pocket. The first major development was the new era of the Internet. While it technically arrived in New Zealand for university students, it wasn't until somewhere between 1996 and 2001, before Internet was rarely used, but in our days Internet is used normally in our everyday lives. 


The White House, a building that holds some importance in the world wasn't introduced to Internet until 1994! Even New Zealand's own Parliament, Where the Prime Minister at the time Jim Bolger was yet to be connected in 1996. Everything started evolving faster with the arrival of the well known website "Google" in 1998. Youtube arrived in 2005, and then Mark Zuckerberg came up with an idea to create a world-wide website called 'Facebook' in 2006. Therefore Facebook is still widely used around the world as creating an account is free and always will be.
Image result for facebook, youtube, google


All this happened before the first Iphone was released in mid 2007. Although the Internet has evolved fantastically, it's important that we continue to strive for improvement. We mus explore and innovate. You never know innovation must just be around the corner. 

So..... What are my thoughts on this article?
Well back in those days Technology wasn't invented yet and everyone was used to using pen and paper, type recorders, chalk and black boards... But in our days we have something called "Internet" and "Technology" where we can use it to search something in a blink of an eye. Computers have taken the place if Pen and Paper, White Boards and Markers have taken the place of Chalk and Black Boards. I am one of those people who use the Internet in my daily life, from school to my own loving home. 
Image result for own opinion
The Internet has helped this generation create things that no one has ever imagined creating. Internet helps up in school,jobs,travelling,Adding, etc. Without Internet my class would be back to using Pen and Paper just like the old days. Now that we have Internet, everything has evolved and now huge companies are creating more and more creative objects that can have a huge impact on future generations.
Image result for technology


I sometimes ask my teachers what did that use back in their days as school children, always the same answer "Pen and Paper, nothing like what we have these days" Even my own family members, I sometimes ask myself what if I had been in the place of those before using Pen and Paper without having a clue that something called "Internet" would be create years on later. 

Image result for technology around the world

As a person who uses Internet in my everyday life, I think Technology these days should've been created back in the days so that those people could have a first class experience on what using Chromebooks, and Ipads feels like. 

Here is my writing about why Internet is important?
Internet in our days is hugely used by many around the globe making it easier to access things we couldn't access back then. I enjoyed Reading about why Internet is important because I really didn't know myself, so I am now satisfied I know now the answer. A challenge I found was understanding some of the words because my Writing goal for this term is to use more academic vocabulary in my Writing, so this is only my first step to writing at the expected level.

Why do you think the Internet is important?
Leave you answer below and don't forget to leave a comment!

Many thanks :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment