Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Improving Water Quality; Nathan Guy

I am learning to find an article about Pollution and write about it.

Last week Nathan Guy was with the Prime Minister And Environment Minister Dr Nick Smith, and the announcement that they will work on making 90 per cent of New Zealand's rivers and lakes swimmable by 2040. Meaning it will take a lot of time planning, testing, finding and many more. For me I think this isn't a really SMART goal, but I think that can manage it and complete the job. When the 2040 comes I will be a 36 year old mature man who will be waiting for the opening of the new swimmable lakes and other water sources. 

The 2040 target is estimated to cost the Government, councils, industry and farmers about $2 billion. The want all the local rivers swimmable when the weather is right, and New Zealand is the perfect place with so many in offer. Looking over their shoulders water pollution and blaming different parts of society won't help improve water quality. This is going to be an collective effort by everyone.  

Dairy farmers have done a great job and already voluntarily fenced off over 24,000km of waterways, matched with planting has been a positive step in improving our fresh water. In the area of the Manawatu River has received $46 million worth of improvements from 2010 to 2016. Aiming to have 90 per cent of New Zealand lakes and rivers swimmable by 2040 is an ambitious goal and it will make them world leaders in water quality.Nathan believes it is a achievable goal and necessary for our children and tourists to enjoy. 

What do I think about this article?

I think that trying to make the different water channels swimmable by 2040 is a very mammoth goal because there are many lakes, rivers, oceans, sea, etc. I also think that it is a very self-less goal because being able to make the water quality better will take a lot of self-esteem, hardwork, teamwork and resilience. Water Pollution is one of 6 different types of Pollution, and that's a fact. 

I enjoyed reading the article because Pollution is one of the things my school is working on, and it's great to read an article based on Pollution. A challenge I found was getting down some information because it was a very long article. Although it challenged my Reading skills I still managed to finish what I started.

Please leave a comment. 
Many thanks. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment