Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Flooding in Chile Causing People

I am learning to write about the Flooding in Chile that cost people to stop drinking water.

Heavy drops of rain, causing rainstorms and landslides have contaminated a major river forcing the local people to cut off drinking water for at least 4 million people in Chile, South America. Officials said the water supply from the Maipo river would be cut to most of the city until the water flowed clear. Sadly there have been some deaths, and at least three people have been declared dead and 19 residents are missing as rivers overflowed and bridges couldn't withstand the incredible amount of force and we swept away. Claudio Orrego, the Regional Governor said weather conditions in the mountains near Santiago, which is the capital of Chile, remains 'very bad' Many bad landslides have been occurring in a very short space of time, he explains. 
Shops that are close have been attacked by people and have run out of bottle of water. Numbers of supermarkets reported fights occurring between people eager taste the refreshing taste of bottled water after what had been described as a severe natural disaster. Restaurants and businesses in the attacked area we ordered to stay closed and schools were forced to delay the start of the school year which started on Monday. The flooding follows months of drought and a series of deadly and overwhelming wildfires which burned for weeks. 
Image result for wild fire

What are my thoughts on this article?

Well I am very sad to hear that the people of Chile had to experience what I think is a nightmare and a person's last wish. Without fresh water to drink and every other source of water contaminated I highly doubt that many people will survive until water is clean to be drunk again. I am also sad to hear that schools has been delayed because children in that country have no other way to educate themselves, and without school how will they learn? I highly recommended the Government to help them restore the water supply and help rebuild the country.

Here is my writing about a flood that hit Chile,
I enjoyed writing my opinion because it helps me type down what I have in my mind. 
A challenge I found was reading and finding out that the water is contaminated and therefore isn't good to drink. My next steps in learning is to write down some more in depth things.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks :)




1 comments:

Ms. Komor said...

Wow...4 million people with no water?!? That is like New Zealand having no water to drink or cook with. This article helps to show us how important it is for our water to be clean. How long do you think you would last without any water?

Post a Comment