Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Estuary Summary :)

WALT: Write down the key points on an article called 'The secret life of Estuaries'

Here is my brief summary based on an article about something called an Estuary, do you know what an Estuary is? Well, luckily for you I have read an article based on Estuaries and know I can look at ideas in a new and different way. At first, I thought an Estuary was just a word, with no meaning but after reading this article I have learnt what it is... An Estuary is a much needed process located in many different water parts. An Estuary is when fresh water coming in from land connects with salt water but before meeting the salt water, the fresh water carries nutrients and that nutrients becomes absorbed when going through a mush (also called an Estuary) 
Image result for estuary


Now I have a better understanding on what this spectacular water process is. Overall, I felt that this activity would be hard but I read the article more than twice! This activity has helped me to develop information on what an Estuary is. I hope that one day I can see a Estuary with my own two eyes and ponder on why it's such important in the water. I enjoyed reading about Estuaries as I have never read and hear about this special process. A challenge I came upon was trying to get why it is needed and how it helps young organisms in the water thrive to reach maturity. 

Do you know what an Estaury is?
If so, leave your thoughts in the comment section below :)
Many thanks :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment