Pages

Saturday 4 March 2017

Stabbing in Katikati, Bay of Plenty

IALT: Write about a stabbing situation in which took place in Katikati, Bay Of Plenty, Auckland.

A police spokesman said emergency services were called to a residential address on Hot Springs Rd at 7.05pm.

A person is believed to have been stabbed in the local area of Katikati, Bay Of Plenty this evening at around 9:15pm. A spokesman from the Police said emergency services were called to a residential address on Hot Springs Rd at 7:05pm. At least one person, was taken to the hospital and Police don't know what kind of status that person is in. I hope that the person isn't injured to much and can heal fast and be reunited with her/his family. If not I wish her/him all the best for their recovery.

Police were talking to witnesses at the bloody scene. No-one has been taken into Police custody at this stage. Further information was not immediately available and St John Ambulance could not be reached to clarify the seriousness of the person's injuries. 

To me I think that this isn't a really good way to post up something that the whole world can view, I don't mean about the incident but just how NZ Herald wrote this article. It doesn't give the reader specific information, for example we don't know if it's a female or male, how old the person is and why did the stabbing occur. If I were in the NZ Herald I wouldn't post up an article that is only 2 paragraphs, I would wait until I have enough critical thinking information until I would post it on the internet.

Just hearing about this stabbing incident makes me think 'What are the people of this world coming too' I hear stories about people dieing from other people, or committing suicide because of other people. I think it's time people start minding their own business and worry about themselves because one day many people these days might become criminals and think back and ask themselves 'What was I doing?" 

Overall, I think that NZ Herald news, need to take some more time and wait for more information to come because this information isn't specific enough. But at the same time it's really good because I got the chance to thinking outside of the 'box' and make up what I thought if I was working for the NZ Herald. A challenge I faced was not being able to have a lot of secure information and evidence that shows my understanding of this article.  

Click HERE to read the original article.

What are your thoughts?

Leave your answers in the comment section below :P
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment