Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

Music Reflection

IALT: Write about what I did during our Music session today.

Today at 9:40am Digital Group 2 went down to the Music room for Music. When I stepped into the Music room some of the Year 6's were already down there sitting nicely and talking amongst themselves. When we arrived everything noisy, meaning it was time to use our heads to think. 

The first thing we did was get a piece of paper and write down the different parts of a drum onto that piece of paper. There are 8 different parts of the drum they are, Kick/Bass drum, Snare Drum, Hi Tom, Middle Tom, Floor Tom, Crash Cymbal and Ride Cymbal and drumsticks of course. As everyone was thinking I finished in a matter of minutes and patiently waited for the others to finish. 

Image result for parts of a drum

When everyone was finished Caleb showed us the answers on the board, to my luck I was RIGHT! I was very proud of myself as it was my first time achieving the different parts of a drum.  I heard moans and cheers as we went through the answers. After everyone was piped down, we went on a website called "Sound Trap" where everyone was required to create a beat using different parts of a drum. I forget about creating a beat as we were told that last week.

Image result for sound trap

Caleb, gave us a demonstration on what to do, at first his beat didn't sound to good until he did a few clicks and then and there, it was "Gangsta" beat. He only used a snare drum and bass drum to make his Gangsta beat. Everyone was amazed but at that time it was almost finished no one dared to do nothing and soon we were all on the website trying to create our own and creative beat. 

Image result for sound trap

I started to get the hang of it until, time was up! They say when you have fun time goes really fast but when you do something boring time goes very slow. It was at time I knew that time really does go fast when your having fun. But before we left Caleb told us that we would be showcasing our beats to everyone, I think that motivated us to do the job and not be embarrassed if you didn't have a beat.
Image result for showcasing something

Overall I think that Music helps me develop some Music skills and one day I might grow up to be the next 'Big' thing. I love Music and my favourite genre of Music is RnB. A musician that I look up is Bruno Mars, he creates songs that can impact on another person's life for instance if her writes a depressing song, it will suit the emotion of a person who is feeling depressed. 
I hope that next week I can showcase my beat and let Caleb know that I am a trustworthy and reliable student to get the job done. 
Image result for Music


Here is my reflection about Music time today and what we did.
Beatmatching at first to me I thought was a cool and hard thing but when you really contribute in a class it you regret what you said/thought. I enjoyed beatmatching because I will grow up to teach someone else and show them what to do. A challenge I faced was not being able to show Caleb a finished and amazing beat, but next time I will be better. 

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment