Pages

Thursday 2 March 2017

Technology Reflection

I am learning to write a reflection about my Technology experience and what I did during the two periods.

Today for Technology it was a real relief for me because I had the chance to finally show Mr Grundy what I had completed in order for me to start designing my design. As I walked through the doors of Mr Grundy's workshop all the papers were waiting on a desk waiting for someone to bring them in. Two volunteers handed out the papers and soon everyone was working hard, like tiny bullet ants carrying something over 50 times their own weight. 
Image result for ants carrying something over


I didn't take my Technology Book instead I took something more effective and efficient, a Chromebook. But the downfall of this decision was that all my reasons and sketches that I drew were in my Technology book and without it I had no proof to show that I finished and was ready to move onto the next stage of the process.
Image result for wood work
Instead of sitting there looking lost I kindly asked one of my peers, Constance, if I could borrow her book in order for to re-draw my design and show Mr Grundy, and be approved of. I didn't take to look but in the end Mr Grundy approved it and I was on the stage where I had to get the exact measurements and make sure they were a certain length long, as the wood was only 320 mm long. 

Image result for 320mm piece of wood

I chose to create a chopper and create it for my younger brother who loves things that are good to play with. There I was with a brand new piece of paper, a pencil and a block of wood. I was only one in a few people that had been up to to this stage but Rosemary, was way ahead in front of everyone cutting out her pieces already. 

It didn't bother me but I got my measurements right and was waiting for my turn to show Mr Grundy, other people asked me for help and I gave them some advice on how things worked. 

"RRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG" I heard the faint voice of the bell signalling the end of Period 2, the last period, I was shocked, Mr Grundy didn't call out my name but next week I would get a chance and hopefully catch up to Rosemary and ask her what kind of challenge she faced while measuring,answering,drawing and cutting her design.

Image result for Tamaki College

This week's Technology session was filled with relief and friendship. I didn't quite get the chance to show Mr Grundy my finished sketch but I had the chance to help me peers who didn't know what to do. This session had a little bit of a connection with this weeks Kiwi Can session as well. My peers asked me questions because they were unsure on what to do, and the question in Kiwi Can this week was " How is asking questions important" and today it really came into action!
I enjoyed finally moving on from my 9-10 workable ideas to finally being a step close to starting on my design. A challenge I faced was not being able to get my piece of art approved of my Mr Grundy but next week I will finally have that opportunity.

Image result for Tamaki College

I can't wait for next week's session and what mysterious it will hold!

Please leave a comment on my work :)

Many thanks :)

"Dreams don't work until you Do"



0 comments:

Post a Comment