Pages

Thursday 2 March 2017

Finishing School Early

I am writing about why I finished school early today and what I did during the rest of the school hours. 

Today I finished school early due to an appointment I needed to attend in order for me, my doctor and my mother to see the results in which my finger was swollen and it was a real concern for my mother once I told her what had happened. The accident occurred during Tuesday morning, as always boys in my class play Basketball before class every morning and everything was going smoothly until I went to catch a rebound and then I felt a sudden pain in my left middle finger.

The pain I felt at the time was indescribable, I knew it wasn't normal because in the past I didn't feel this kind of pain before but this pain didn't feel normal at all and I knew something wasn't right. I didn't make a big fuss about it, but when I examined my middle finger I noticed it was swollen and purple, and it turned from something un-normal to something that required immediate medical attention. I asked my teacher to get a ice pack but it didn't help, my finger was crooked, very painful and it wasn't until after school I made the decision to take action, for my actions. 

"Mummmmmm!" I said, I showed her my finger and then off we were at the entrance of the local healthcare centre (doctors) As the doctor called out my name I entered the room and there I showed her my finger, she closely observed my finger putting some pressure on the parts where it hurt. She then said I had to take an X-ray and hope that nothing is too damaged. 

We missed out Wednesday and that's why I finished school early today, my X-ray results confirmed that there was nothing major but it needed some expert advice before we really knew the answer. Even now it still stings a little but with the help and encouragement of my peers and family I can feel supported anywhere, any place and anytime. 

I felt bad when I had to leave school early because it disrupts my learning and I could be missing out on something that is really important. But at the same time it was for my safety and health so that is a good reason why I missed out on some valuable time to learn some new things.

Here is my writing about why I left school early today, I sustained a injury that included my left middle finger, the pain I felt was not able to be described. I enjoyed writing about my experience because I left without most of my classmates knowing. A challenge I faced was not being able to finish of my school learning. But next time I should act faster when I feel some unusual.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks






0 comments:

Post a Comment