Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

KiwiSport Reflection

I am learning to write a reflection about my Kiwisport experience.

Today in KiwiSport we did BADMINTON, this week we were working on movement and balance. Our instructor Ben taught and showed us how to use Backhand and Forehand grips using movement that includes moving our legs and hands. If you were a left hand you would start with your left foot first, if you were a right hand you would step with your right foot first and then follow through with your other foot. The other move also included footwork but then you would pivot. So you would step with your left/right foot and then pivot with the other and then hit the shuttle with your racket, but making sure you have balance so you don't risk falling down.

Image result for badminton

When Ben finished demonstrating the moves I buddied up with the same person I had 2 weeks ago, Siale. We went outside and started showing off our moves that we learnt from Ben. It was going awesome until Siale started playing around hitting the shuttle dangerously, one hitting me in the chest... Of course, it bounced off but it didn't hurt too much. I told him to stop playing around and stick to what Ben had asked us to do. Finally everything was going smoothly, "Bam" I hit the shuttle to high and landed on top of the school building, not coming down to the floor below. 
Image result for badminton


I hoped it would come back down but it didn't. Luckily Ben wasn't watching but then Ms Komor came out, I quickly ran and got another shuttle and then came back to Ms Komor knowing about the shuttle on the roof, she wasn't angry. I was ashamed of myself but I knew next time to hit the shuttle at a controllable pace.  
Image result for badminton


"Come on in now boys" said Ben, we all went inside and sat down then Ben gave us a talk about what we learnt today. We went over the movements again and then it was time to go back to class.

Overall, I felt that this week's BADMINTON session was both tiring and unique because I didn't know that there was different type of moving in the particular sport, well I knew that running was, but not like pivoting and turning your feet 90 degrees. My goal for next week is to hit the shuttle so that it doesn't land on the roof top again and take the time to learn more seriously. 

Image result for badminton

I enjoyed learning a new technique a real joy because one day I might be the best Badminton player in the school, maybe, maybe not. A challenge I found was trying to do the technique but in the end I got it!


Please leave a comment!
Many thanks.

2 comments:

Muba said...

Hello Gary My name Is Mubashshir I am a year 8 student at Pt England. And I am also your quad blogging partner. I like the way you wrote about your journey through Badminton. I like the way you hook the reader into the story. keep up the good work.

Kind regards
Muba

Ms. Komor said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts and feelings behind your KiwiSport experience Gary. If you could push the rewind button on this experience and change it however you wanted, what would you do differently?

Post a Comment