Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Creek Walk With Buddies.

I am learning to write about the Creek walk me and my class did with our buddy class.

On Monday the 27th of February my class and buddy class took a walk down to Dunkirk Road Creek and examine the different types of things that are located in that exact location. I had two buddies Toma, a year 7 student, and Garth a year 2 student. Garth is a young boy that is worthy of achieving life goals. We started our walk, it was a humid day and I we just finished lunch time. 

Image result for creek

The walk down to the creek took almost all of my energy and when we finally got their my leg were aching hard. We got  piece of paper with pictures that Ms Barlow had taken a day earlier. Our task was to observe the creek and ask our buddy what they saw and find the specific pictures on the piece of paper. 
Image result for creek
It took about 10 minutes for us to complete the quest because the creek was just behind Toma's house and he was a creek expert, lucky he was in my time. While searching for the pictures Garth was getting tired so I gave him a little ride on my back while running, for me it was a great way to keep my blood pressure up and exercise!. 

My goal for this year is to become strong,smart,healthy and fit for many years to come. "Come on in now" said Ms Barlow we all sat down under the strong heat rays of the humid sun. Ms Barlow asked what we saw and our buddy class raised their hands like crazy. Garth was one of those buddies who put their hand up and when it was their time to speak, nothing came out. I decided to teach him to have some confidence in himself and overcome his fears.
Image result for buddies


On our way back to school it was faster, some say on the way there it's long but on the way back is shorter. I found out that saying is true. I chose to give Garth a ride back to school as he was tired but Ms Barlow told him to get off and walk, I felt sad for the little dude. As we entered the school grounds many of us started running to get underneath the shade and away from the heat rays of the sun.

It was almost home time and I was the one with the responsibility of ringing the bell. We waved goodbye to our younger friends and started making our way up the stairs back to class tired. The classroom door swung open and soon it was packed up in no time. I looked at the time 3:57pm, 3 minutes until the bell, I asked Ms Komor and made my way down the stairs. "RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" the sound of the bell shattered my ears.   At last home time already.

Image result for Bell

Overall I thought that my time with our buddies gave me a chance to get to know some of the younger kids properly and find out what they have in common and what they have different to me. Garth is a funny young boy who has the potential of achieving what he wants. We found some things that weren't on the list like Eels, Mussel Shells etc. I hope next time I can get some more time to spend with Garth and Toma.

Here is my writing about the creek walk I did with Garth and Toma.
It was a great experience and I hope to do it again someday.
I enjoyed searching the pictures on the piece of paper, next time I want to look for more pictures outside of the 'box'. 

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment