Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

Cross Country / Fitness Reflection

IALT: Write about a new running track that we do for fitness.

This week for fitness the teachers have decided to extend our running lap distance, instead of running around the bike track we have to run around the block. Some of us us call it 'Cross Country' because it's long and it requires us to set a pace where we can keep running the whole lap without stopping. For me the first time I thought it was going to be easy but running around I started to lose my energy faster than I thought. 
Image result for cross country
Running around the 3rd corner I noticed that a stitch was forming on the side of my rib cage, I couldn't describe what I felt but I couldn't breath heavily and couldn't control how fast I was breathing. So I walked the whole way back until I reached the finish line. It wasn't one of the moments where I came first, but I knew what it would take to conquer the track and how long it would take me. 
Image result for cross country
But yesterday I kept myself at a manageable pace and overtook the people in front of me to come first, but I didn't want to brag about it because I didn't want anyone else to feel bad about themselves. Something challenging I found was not speeding up and wasting my energy fast, but next week I hope I can finish faster and go for longer.

Feel free to leave a comment,
Many thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment