Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

Food For Thought Relfection

IALT: Talk about our Food For Thought session with Adele.

We had a women called Adele come in to class and talk to us about the different foods we eat. Although our topic for this term is Hobbies, our topic last term was based on the type of food we eat. At first I thought was going to be a waste of time but I didn't realise that this session was something that I would always remember when I pick food or going to eat something. We basically learned about the food groups which is , Vegetables and Fruit, Dairy Products and Grain. Overall I think that Veges and Fruits is the most important because they help us grow and stay healthy.
Image result for Food Groups
I thought this was a great way for everyone in my class to learn about the different things we eat and how to choose foods that will help us grow stronger and develop more naturally in the foods we choose. Something I learnt was picking foods that have more fibre in them, Fibre keeps you full for longer so therefore you won't need to keep eating just to keep yourself full. So next time I choose something, I will look for the foods that have a lot of fibre, like Weet Bix. 
Image result for fibre
Something challenging I found was understanding at first the different things that will help us keep fuelled for longer. Picking a drink, I would choose Milk and Water now because they don't have sugar in them and will help our bodies grow. Something that everyone should drink in order for them to maintain a healthy life style.
Image result for Milk and Water

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many Thanks :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment