Pages

Monday 7 August 2017

KiwiSport Reflection

IALT: Write about the origin of Hip Hop and what I learnt during this Kiwi Sport session.

Hip Hop , this word is easy said, but harder to explain. In this week's session with Jasmin, our Kiwi Sport instructor she taught us 2 new dance moves. Janet Jackson and the Alf. These two dance moves challenged me to move my body more, increasing my stamina and flexibility. Last week we learnt the Smurf and James Brown, these moves didn't really challenge me because it didn't involve too much body movement, which was good because I don't really like dancing.
Image result for Hip Hop
Do you know the four elements that make up Hip Hop? Art, DJing, MCing and Breakdancing. Every element is like the Hauora House, without one the rest fall. Not making a strong household, to me I was astonished at the history of Hip Hop because it wasn't made in the country I live in and it was created back in the 1970's which was 44 years ago! For something I know little about, I thought it would've been made way back, like in the 1930's or 20's. 
Image result for Hip Hop
African Americans, and Latinos came up with Hip Hop after they weren't getting treated the same way as others, they were being Repressed. So they decided to take a stand and call for ban, coming up with the idea of dancing to express how they really feel about the American Government. I find this really unique, because dancing is an absolute superb way of expressing your feelings. 

Image result for Hip Hop

This week's session was amazing because I learnt new dance moves, along with my peers. Something challenging I found was trying to do the Janet Jackson move because it challenged me to move my body a lot! I enjoyed the Freestyle Circle because everyone got to do a move in front of the whole class.

Feel free to leave a comment.
Many thanks :) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment