Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Slide Of Advice

IALT: Create a slide of advice for when you are going to post something online, or using the internet.


This week we had Mrs Shearing come in once again for her normal visit, to teach us skills based on using the internet in the correct way and how to stay safe. We missed out last week's session because she was away, but this week we learnt about 'Digital Footprints' and that we should only post things on the internet that we are proud of. Because once you post something it is going to be permanent, meaning although it might seem you have deleted it, it is still somewhere on the web.
Image result for digital footprint
Anyways, that's something I've learnt.  A challenge I found was understanding the way that the internet works, and how the safety search saves all the things you have been recently on. I think that the internet is one of the things that people little know that it could help you get a good job or ruin your chances of achieving your dreams. 
Image result for dreams
For example, if you have done something that you regret doing in past it can have a huge impact on things yet to come.  So I'd rather do the right thing then have nothing to be proud of. A challenge I found was coming up with the different advice to give to my audience. I hope that it can help people make the right decisions.

Feel free to leave a comment,
Many thanks :) 




1 comments:

Mrs Shearing said...

Hi Gary, Thank you for your advice. I especially like the advice to check that I am proud of my posts. I think that is very valuable advice.

Post a Comment