Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Is Sport Sexist?

I am learning to write a reflection on the article called "Is Sport Sexist?" 

The article that I have read today is about 'is Sport Sexist?'
My answer is Yes because people on social media prefer to watch men play sport rather than women. Why not watch the woman play when they play the exact sport as the men? I myself do not like watching women play rugby because I haven't there's so much male rugby I don't bother. If there were a Rugby World Cup for Women I would be very entertained because all nations battle it out for top spot. Hold on there is, but I don't bother watching it. I think it's the fact I grew up watching rugby, but men playing. NOT women.

Image result for women rugby

Like yesterday we had a few questions that we had to answer;
The captain of the All Blacks is Kieran Read.
The captain of the Black Ferns is Fiao'o Fa'amausili
I think that the most popular sport in my family is Rugby because my family grew up playing Rugby in the Islands. We teams play on both internet and television.
 Sexism is ... Discrimination against women?
Yes, because two guys went to a women netball match and starting whistling to them while playing, they didn't go there to concentrate on the game but to watch the ladies run around the court. 
I think that there is barely any support for female teams because I think most people grew up watching and playing rugby with Men. And I think most people think females aren't as strong and active as the males but really... Who could deny the strength of Valerie Adams?
A game where sexism exists is netball, because a man created netball and now women play in the 21st century. If a man creates  sport, a man should play it.

Here is my reflection about the article 'is Sport Sexist?'
My answer is YES, but what is yours? 
I enjoyed reading the article because it's kind of getting me into the habit of watching female rugby. I hardly watch them, but my aunty plays for Auckland so I should watch her play, to see if she is as good as they say she is. 
I found answering some questions hard because we have to go indepth with our answers, and to the year 7 and 8 standard, which is writing in paragraphs.
To read this article insert this link; https://www.womeninsport.org/how-were-doing-it/sexism-in-sport/
My next steps in learning is to not use the internet to find out the answers, and provide examples with my answers...

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment