Pages

Thursday 17 November 2016

Athletics Today! Alamein we the best

YESSS! The day if finally here! Athletics Day, I can't wait to get to school and compete in different events. This year is different as I am one of the leaders for 2K16, and we are also participating in field events like Shot Put and Discuss. The thing I nervous about is the year we are racing by age not year level. So this means that I will be going up against some year 8's and 7's. 
Like every year we start of by sitting on the dots and our principal give out a talk about the expectations and how to earn points. We then do 400 metres then split into the different activities. There are 4 houses, Alamein, Benghazi, Tobruk and Tripoli. Alamein, Tobruk and Tripoli has won twice each, while Benghazi hasn't won anything yet, at time I feel sad for them but this year they said the will win but it's 'in their dreams' Yesterday we went over our chants and today me and some other leaders, Bruce and James, created a new chant to leave with Alamein when we leave the school. Next year I will be the only leader as I am a year 8 next year, and the year 8's this year will be leaving, leaving all the work on my shoulders. It's an honour leading our house, because I know that the little kids look up to us and when their time comes they will be leaders and more. I really think ALAMEIN will win this year, I don't want Tobruk to win because they won last year and the year before it's time we put an end to their reign. Alamein and Tripoli are sometimes called Trillamein and I don't know the name for Benghazi and Tobruk... 
Last year I made it to interschools for Shotput and Discuss, I was also the best year 6 at both of them. At interschools it was way harder, the record for the farthest discuss throw is 21 metres, or close to that. If I make it to interschools this year I will try and break that record...
It's a TRY. 

Image result for tamaki primary athletics

Tomorrow we have school off because it's Teachers Only Day, what a relief? Well kind of. 
The bad thing is that it started raining at about 3:00am in the morning now it's stopped and I'm worried about the running track being to wet to compete on. I lost my voice yesterday, so I have to rest it for today. If we don't have athletics today it will be a real bummer because I was looking forward to athletics for a while now. My ONLY goal for athletics this year is to beat this one kid Jason, then I will be the fastest year 7 in my school. 

There will also be some ice blocks, muffins, sausage sizzle and lollies for sale like every year. 

Here are a few images from past athletics!

Image result for tamaki primary athletics

Image result for tamaki primary athletics

Image result for tamaki primary athletics

Image result for tamaki primary athleticsImage result for tamaki primary athletics
Image result for tamaki primary athletics

Here is my reflection about athletics 2K16, I cannot wait, I hope this year my team ALAMEIN can win this year's shield. I enjoyed writing about athletics as it's one of my favourite school events. The shield is coming home... Back to Alamein!

Please leave a comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment