Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Funnels Discovered On Mars For The First Time.

I am learning to write a reflection about strange funnels discovered on the planet Mars.

Did you know that Mars is the smallest planet? Now that Pluto is no longer considered planet? Well scientists dived inside and found weird looking funnels for the first time. In 2009 a man called Joseph Levy, Dr Levy,  began searching through images from the surface of the Martian planet, and he was fascinated by what he found. High resolution photographs were sent back to Earth by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and Dr Levy describes them as 'bullseye'
A graph charting the depth of the Hellas depression at different points. Photo / Joseph Levy / NASA


To craters were formed on the surface and Dr Levy was looking deep into them, they also have their very own names; Hellas Depression and the Galaxias Fossae Depression. Many other people have looked at the photo's before but have never come across what he saw. 

Image result for funnels on mars

He believes that there is life on the Red Planet. The two sites are well known, both depressions are both several kilometres across and several hundred metres deep. Dr Levy says "If you put Trump Tower in Chicago at the bottom of the North Hellas Depression, only the top 3m metres would be showing above the plains and the Trump Tower is 423m tall!


Image result for mars

Today for S.S.R I have read an article about scientists spotting two strange funnels on the planet Mars. Here is my reflection about the article I have read.
I enjoyed searching this article up and finding out information about the planet Mars. Did you know that some scientists think that there is life on the planet? Wow!
I found writing my reflection hard because I have to create my own summary using the information.
My next steps for learning is to read the whole article to create a high quality summary.
Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!




0 comments:

Post a Comment