Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Tuakana Teina Day MISSED! Camp Chant CREATED

Yesterday it was Tuakana Teina day, I thought it was going to be really fun having time to spend with my younger buddy Cohen, but all didn't go according to plan... I had to stay behind for leadership purposes leaving my buddy with another one of my peers! I felt sad for my buddy because I think he really wanted us to spend some time together for Tuakana Teina Day. Meanwhile, while I was in Room 10 all the other leaders were given a piece of paper and a pen, to write down what TEAM was and what would TEAM look like while at camp. (Camp is next week) But Ms Aireen, our leader, had already had a definition of camp. 

T- Together
E- Everyone
A- Achieves
M- More

Image result for team

I think this is a really good definition of camp, as there will be many physical activities and activities that will require a team. I didn't get time to spend time with my buddy until the last block. Both my class and Room 2 went outside to practise athletics day which is on THURSDAY! I can't wait for athletics as my 1 goal is to beat this kid named Jason, he is the fastest year 7 in our school and I wish to overtake him. The activities that were set up outside were mostly for the juniors it didn't feel too bad participating in junior games. But as long as we have fun that's all that matters.


Image result for athletics clipart

My highlight of the day was being able to create a camp chant for the whole syndicate to learn. I didn't do it alone!  I had help from fellow leaders and together we created a FANTASTIC chant for camp! We got it approved from Ms Aireen, the whole reason why we created the chant is because we had to perform it in front of our parents tonight at a camp meeting. We have to be confident , including me because I am the leader of our group!

Overall, I think this day was good and bad, because of me missing out time with my buddy, and me helping create a chant for camp!
Image result for tuakana teina

I hope that next time we have Tuakana Teina I can get some time to spend with my buddy!


Many thanks!
Feel free to leave a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment