Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2016

How Do You Rate A Movie Reflection

WALT: Write a reflection about articles we have read on the news. 

Today for S.S.R my class got 2 pieces of paper with an article called "How do your rate movies?" The author who is a 40 year old man talked about swearing, and why is swearing banned in school when people around them use it all the time. For me it's a yes and no answer because , Yes we should have swearing banned to show respect for other people and teachers and No because many kids swear, and it might be hard for them to resist swearing in school.

 Image result for swearing

He  talks about a mother complaining when her son was shown the movie Pitch Perfect in the classroom- a movie with an M rating. I think this is kind of stupid because the teachers should know better then to let little kids watch things that are inappropriate for their age. 



Image result for rating m

Movies have ratings to keep people safe from watching inappropriate things or watching things that are too old for them to be witnessing, I am not allowed to watch things that are 16+ because my parents want to keep me safe! We should have ratings on movies because without ratings people, young kids in particular, will witness things that are now suitable for their age yet. Like stealing, smoking drinking, etc. If I could ban a particular movie I would be stuck because the one genre I would ban is HORROR! The reason for this is because people might have nightmares and that might make them too scared to go out of their room. I shouldn't ban it because people, teenagers might want to watch HORROR but end up finding out I banned HORROR films. Bad language is when people swear, swearing is when someone use offensive language towards another person. 

Image result for Horror

I think that teachers should and should not punish kids for swearing in school because, first of all, kids might've grown up swearing, or hear swearing all their lives. And that might make it harder for them to resist swearing. And yes, teachers should punish them because swearing is not allowed in school grounds because swearing can cause the environment to become unsafe and unwanted!
Image result for school swearing

Here is my reflection about an article we have read about someone rating a movie.
I found some things challenging like finding the right information, and the right answers. 
I enjoyed reading this article and finding out what his opinion was.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment