Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Opinion of 'Is Sport Sexism?'

I am learning to write an opinion about the article 'Is Sport Sexist?'

Hmmmm...? Is Sport Sexist? Of course it is. Many people in the world don't watch female sports because of many reasons, what's the whole point of not watching females play, when they play the exact sport as males?. Males are often thought as the big and strong ones, but believe it or not some women are strong like men or even stronger. As we all know Valerie Adams has tremendous arm strength enabling her to push shot puts farther than 20 metres! Now that is a strong female. I myself don't watch females play just males, the reason for this is because I grew up watching males play because males are more entertaining at playing sport than males. If you don't go along with me, then it's ok because this is my OWN opinion. 

The only sport I haven't seen a male play is Rhythmic Gymnastics, the sport where you use a ribbon to do all sorts of tricks. If I saw a male contribute in that sport I would laugh my head off! It would be very funny seeing a male participate in  a women's sport. But at the same time James Naismith created netball, and now women have taken it over and in our days have started playing Netball. I think that if a man creates a game, a man should play it. A few boys from my school including me sometimes play Netball for ous school tournaments. I like playing Netball because it helps me gain confidence when playing alongside girls.

Image result for women rugby

Image result for women rugby
So my final answer is YES. 

What is your answer?

Here is my opinion about whether sport is sexist or not?
My answer is YES.
I enjoyed writing my opinion because I think that everyone should have a say, whether it's a yes or no. 
What did I find challenging? To be honest I didn't find anything challenging... Just the fact that females don't get the fame like men.
My next steps for learning is to continue writing opinions based on different things.

Please leave a comment!
Many thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment